How can I find a certifying doctor in my area?
We cannot share specific doctors who certify, but we can recommend that you start by asking your Primary Care Physician or Specialist if they would be willing to certify you. If not, we suggest that you consider one of the MMJ consulting companies.
**Summit Medical Compassion Center is not affiliated with any of the following Medical Marijuana Consultants**
- Medical Cannabis Consultants
610 Ten Rod Road (1st Floor)
North Kingston, RI 02852
- Everyday Medicinals
873 Warwick Ave.
Warwick, RI 02888
- B&B Med. Marijuana Evaluation
300 Tollgate Rd Suite 201
Warwick, RI 02886
- 11th State Consultations
400 Reservoir Ave Suite 3A
Providence, RI 02907
- SEMAJ Health & Wellness
960 Reservoir Ae, STE 24
Cranston, RI 02910
- Leafwell Marijuana Doctors
325 Angell St
Providence, RI 02906
- Cannabis MD – Primary Walk-In Medical
684 Warren Ave
East Providence, RI 02914
What are the qualifying conditions to obtain a medical marijuana card?
- Cancer or the treatment of this condition
- Glaucoma or the treatment of this condition
- Positive status for Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) or the treatment of this condition
- Acquired immune deficiency syndrome (AIDS) or the treatment of this condition
- Hepatitis C or the treatment of this condition
- A chronic or debilitating disease or medical condition or its treatment that produces one or more of the following:
- Cachexia or wasting syndrome
- Severe, debilitating, chronic pain
- Severe nausea
- Seizures, including but not limited to those characteristic of epilepsy
- Severe and persistent muscle spasms, including but not limited to those characteristic of multiple sclerosis or Crohn’s disease
- Agitation related to Alzheimer’s Disease
By law, Summit Medical Compassion Center is required to report any suspicion of infraction to law enforcement.
How can I find the Medical Marijuana Application?
Do you have a waiting list to become a member there?
No, we accept new members on a walk-in basis, though you may also make an appointment. You would just need to bring in your MMP card and your state-issued photo ID. The first time in, we will have you fill out some paperwork, go through a brief intake meeting where we answer any questions you may have, and you will be able to purchase medicine before you leave. If busy, schedule an intake.
How long until I receive my Medical Marijuana card?
It usually takes approximately 2-4 weeks.
May I use more than one medical marijuana provider?
If you have a medical marijuana card, you may buy from any RI dispensary. But why go anywhere besides Summit?
What are your hours?
9:00am to 8:00pm Monday to Friday
9:00am to 8:00pm Saturday and Sunday
Where are you located?
Summit Medical Compassion Center dispensary is located at 380 Jefferson Blvd. Warwick, RI 02886. Look for green awning with Summit logo.
Can someone come in with me?
If you have an assigned caretaker or authorized purchaser, they MUST accompany you on your first visit with their appropriate identification. After your first visit, a friend / family member may only accompany you if it’s a medical necessity and documented by your physician.
All visitors must sign a visitor log.
I am from out of state and have a medical marijuana certification from my home state. May I access your Dispensary?
Yes. We now accept medical marijuana card holders from all U.S states. The patients need to show proof of their MMJ card (no paper copy) and a valid state licensed I.D from that same state.
Do you offer Preferred Rates/Discounts?
We do offer a 10% off Preferred Rate Program for the following categories with required proof/documentation:
- Eligibility for Rite Care
- Eligibility for State of Rhode Island Food Supplement Benefits (EBT)
- Eligibility for Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Eligibility for Medicare
- Eligibility for Social Security Disability Income (SSDI)
- Proof of Military Service
- Proof of Being 65 Years or Older
What medicine can you provide me?
At this time, we can provide our members with: flower, a line of THC-infused confections and fresh-baked goods, tinctures, topicals, concentrates, CBD hemp products, etc. We also have retail items available such as vaporizers, grinders, and bowls. We are always adding new items to our frequently changing menu.
Are there taxes on medicine?
Yes. 7% state tax is added to the total purchase. An additional 4% medical marijuana tax is built into product prices.
How can I find what is on your menu for today?
What are the methods of payment?
In-store we accept cash and debit cards.
How much am I allowed to purchase?
2 ½ ounces every 15 days.
Do you sell clones or seeds?
May I consume medicine on site?
No, medicine may not be consumed on site.
Do you have a compassion program?
Yes, currently we have a compassion program for terminally ill patients and minor patients. Please see staff for details.
Is your location secure?
Yes, we currently have security on site.
Is my personal health information and purchasing history kept confidential?
Yes, all member info is kept confidential.
How do I renew my medical marijuana card?
If you have a current card that is about to expire, the Department of Health will mail you a letter with instructions to renew approximately two months before expiration date.
For all questions regarding Rules and Regulations related to Medical Marijuana Program administered by the Department of Health, please go here to see the regulations.
Last updated April 2020